Call for Paper
"Technologies for Everyone" is the motto of the of the 14th I4CS, to be held in Reims/France from June 4 till 6, 2014, dedicated to challenging aspects around modern community systems.
Due to the rapid evolution of web technologies and rich mobile Internet devices, ICT support for communities is possible on the next quality level. In search of innovative solutions, multi-disciplinary collaboration among researchers, service providers and industry partners is essential to invent novel Community Services.
The I4CS is a direct follower of the former “International Conference on Innovative Internet Community Systems (I2CS).
I4CS aims to bring together researchers from many scientific areas. The conference will address recent advances in theory and practice a wide range of aspects of Internet Community Services: Foundations, technology and applications as well as socializations. The main objective is to show how community services can be used in many areas and how they have been deployed. The conference topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
Distributed architectures and frameworks
- Infrastructure and models for community services
- Data structures and management in community systems
- Community self-organization in ad-hoc environments
- Search, information retrieval and distributed ontologies
- Smart world models and cloud computing
Communities on the move
- Social networks and open collaboration
- Social and business aspects of user generated content
- Recommender solutions and expert profiles
- Context and location awareness
- Browser application and smartphone app implementation
Ambient work and living
- e-Health challenges and ambient assisted living
- Intelligent transport systems and connected vehicles
- Smart energy and home control
- Social gaming and cyber physical systems
- Security, identity and privacy protection
I4CS solicits submissions of unpublished papers presenting research results, industrial experiences and applications, as well as detailed specifications of open problems.
Electronic submission is required. Full papers of no more than 8 pages, following the instructions for authors, and written in English should be submitted as PDF files using the EasyChair conference man-agement system, available via : EasyChair. All submitted papers will be subject to a double reviewing process by the program committee.
Accepted and presented papers will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases. Authors whose papers have been accepted and presented at the conference will be invited to submit their extended and revised papers to the special issues of the journal "Studia Informatica Universalis" and "EAI Transactions on Industrial Networks and Intelligent Systems".
- Paper submission: April 30, 2014
- Author notification: May 15, 2014
- Early registration: May 20, 2014
- Camera-ready copies: May 25, 2014
- Conference date: June 4-6, 2014